Pages

Monday, October 6, 2014

The SOTM ShinHan Marker Blog Hop

Welcome to the Stamp of the Month Shinhan Marker Blog Hop!  Our group is so excited to share with a number you a number of 'extra' hops throughout the year featuring the wonderful products offered through Close to My Heart.



This hop we are featuring the brand new Shinhan markers by Close to My Heart and if you get lost along the way, please check out the blog list in Melinda's post here.

if you have been hopping with us, then you have arrived from Melinda's blog here . 


This month I was inspired by a technique post by the Splitcoast Stampers here.  The technique uses alcohol markers and so I decided to play around a bit with it using our Shinhan markers.  if you would like to try it out yourself, you can check the video that is included in the post.



The first step was to decide what paper pack and markers I was going to use.
I started playing with the Seaside paper pack and I scribbled a few colors to see if they would work.

Then I followed the directions to start my first marbling...


I spritzed the inks using our spray pen and rubbing alcohol.

Did you notice how the inks bubble up?

Then I dragged the glossy card stock against the inks following the original directions and the finished card bases turned out beautifully!

I stamped them using our black dye ink and the image was perfect on the glossy card stock.


I must admit being a hoarder and using retired CTMH product is a 'plus' in doing this technique. (I used X123 Glossy White Papers - in 8 1/2 " x 11" size)



Here are the finished cards...but wait - there's more!!

5 x 7  Birthday card




4 1/4 x 5 1/2 "  Congrats Window card



Supplies:
X7192 Seaside paper pack
D1609 Seaside Greetings
Black stamp pad
Hemp - retired

Shinhan markers:
Z2456 Mahogany
Z2451 Clay
Z2462 Peony Purple
Z2453 Lavender
Z2460 Pastel Peach
Z2449 Cerulean Blue Light
Z2458 Marine Blue

Here is the Explore file for the window card that I created when I designed this card.

I am unable to share the Explore file even though I designed it.  I do have the SVG file I designed in my Pazzles software.  If you are not familiar with the Pazzles company, they have FREE SVGs here- give them a try!



If you want the SVG file, it is here.

Steps to complete when you open it up in Cricut Design space:

Insert the image as a VECTOR UPLOAD into Design Space:


Change the Size to W= 5.5 and H= 12.0 (Unlock the proportion tool)


Change the RED lines to the scoring tool.


Select the entire design and the ATTACH everything. (This important step puts all of the included shapes into one score/cut file) Be sure to load your scoring tool to score the card and then cut the card shape.



This card was a 'reject'!


I decided after I added the cross stitch to the card that it didn't work... I had an absolutely wonderful time playing with my markers and this technique.  I am 'not so good' at coloring but this technique fits my style!

I hoped you enjoyed this tutorial post and try out this technique.


Now it is off to Michelle's blog here...










12 comments:

Brenda Lapp said...

Breathtaking. I need to go remove my post now. :-)

K Clark said...

Beautiful. Thanks for sharing

Katy said...

Love this technique! And thanks for the link to the svg's...always looking for free svg's!

Michelle Stewart said...

Awesome technique. TFS!

Cat Nowak said...

All your cards are stunning! I really like this technique and need to try.

P.G. Lamb said...

Wow Adeline, that marbling technique looks amazing with that stamp set! Your cards are wonderful!

Melinda Everitt said...

Oh my goodness! What gorgeous cards and a fun new technique to try. I need to go try and work with the svg files. Love that you gave us a tutorial.

Melissa Robinson said...

WOWZERS! Love the look and definitely going to have to give this a try!

Sandra said...

I see a aurora borealis card in my future using this technique - so amazing!!!

Anonymous said...

Great Technique... will have to give it a try!

Haley D. said...

These are beautiful! I can't wait to try this.

NJ Stamping Queen said...

I've been planning to try this technique--I love all the colors you chose for the background and of course the Seaside Greetings stamp set! Thanks for sharing--you did an amazing job with this technique!

:)Marie