Pages

Monday, September 15, 2014

H2H Challenge - Favorite Technique

Wow - It has been a long time since I posted anything!  But I have been on vacation and it is soooo hard to get back into the groove again!

This week's challenge on the H2H blog is our 'Favorite Technique'.  I must admit that my VERY first technique ever was "Random Stamping". Back in 2005 it was popular to create a random stamped page and then cut it up into a number of different pieces and make multiple cards from one sheet of paper a.k.a. One-Sheet Wonder.

Well, nine years later I find myself going back to this same technique more than once!  I started working on a very cute flip stand book - thanks to Justine Hovey's  great project idea here!  ( great project girl!)

This will be one of the flip pages of the book.  I will post additional photos in the upcoming weeks as I continue to add to the pages of my flip stand project.  I have had this sitting in my craft room for a long time but it took Justine's artwork to inspire me to 'get it done!'

Here is one of my pages - a random stamped page using two different stamps sets.

Stamp pad colors used were honey, sunset and black.  I sponged the page with thistle and one of our daubers to get the effects that I created on this flip page.

Then I added a photo mat and a few accents for the photo.  The strip is the zip strip from the "Scaredy Cat" paper pack and then I stamped the image twice - once with thistle and once with black.  I added dimension with foam tape and the page is now ready for this years' pics!


The stamp sets that I used today were from D1605 Halloween Greetings and the bat is from C1522 Creepy Creatures.

Please join us this month as we celebrate all of our favorites!  check out this week's blog post here.

3 comments:

Becca-expressions said...

Random stamping is such a great way to create your own background and texture paper!! Great project this week.

Donna said...

What a spooktacular layout! I love the background stamping and using the sponge dauber with thistle is a great touch.

Katy said...

Ah yes, the one sheet wonder...did MANY a project with that technique. LOVE this cute little project and your random stamping!