Pages

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Studio J snippets

It must be Wednesday!  Yes, it is and it is time for another "Studio J snippet"! Many times I need a jumpstart for an idea to create my layout because there are times when I only have 2-4 pictures to make a page.  Rather than just stare at the paper, I 'google' ( how about that - a verb not an adjective?!) FREE digital scrapbook pages sketches.

Snippet #2 - Create your own unique scrapbook layouts using FREE digital sketches.

There are many sites out there and one of my searches resulted in this page here.  As I looked through the choices, I found one that will work with my photos.



But in Studio J you have to create a 2 page layout not just one...what to do??  I got this idea from fellow consultant Katy Donaldson Taylor and it is FAB-u-lous...  I created two different layouts using the same paper pack.
Check out her blog post here

SO I looked for another page and some pictures that would work with the Thanksgiving theme.

I decided this one might work....



I decided to use the "No Limits" pattern again so I could create my own layouts. After I scanned my photos and added them to the layout, I had to select a paper collection that would work with both photos.  Her explanation is quite thorough in how to do this ( so no need for me to do it!)


I scanned the photos in and cleaned them up in PSE 12.  I got the idea to add journaling strips to the layout on the left from Amy Ulen's You Tube Video. She is absolutely amazing when it comes to creativity using Studio J!

Here is the video..



Here are a few tips to add when creating with Studio J!

#1 - Try to think outside the box when you are creating your layouts, especially when you have only a few pictures to add to the layout.  
#2 - Don't forget that there are many resources out there to give you ideas to make it uniquely yours.  Just 'google' it!
#3 - The "No Limits" kit is just exactly that!  It can be used in so many different ways!

No comments: