Pages

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

May 'Use Your Stash Blog Hop' - May Brings Flowers

Welcome to my next blog adventure.  After cleaning out the stash in my craft room, I realized that I have waaaaaaaaaaay too much stuff!  So I joined the "Use Your Stash Blog Hop" with my first post in May.  If you have been following the hop you have arrived from Shirley's blog here  ...  You can find the list on Katy's blog here 

This month's theme is "May Brings Flowers" and naturally I have a ton of flowers...time to dig them out..  I thought I would share a pic from my spring container garden first....

I love taking pictures of my flowers and they always give me inspiration and a reason to scrapbook!  While out was cleaning out the stuff, I found the Big Pinks - a retired CTMH paper flower in various sizes.  They were the rage a few years ago but were just collecting dust in my room!  I did not like the colors and wanted them to coordinate with last year's National Scrapbooking Month paper pack called "Dream Pop".  The bright vibrant colors would just not do for this paper.  So I gave them a bath in Cotton Candy and Honey Re-inker...

The little yellow duckies are actually waiting to join in the fun....

Here is the finished layout - first time in a long time that there is NO stamping on a layout...

I also had the flat rosette flower in the scraps and the "Dream" was from the title on my display board.  It feels sooo good to cut up the paper and then throw away the scraps!  There is no need to save more than just full or almost full sheets of paper! what a great feeling!

Now it is off the Katy Taylor's blog here to see her awesome artwork with all of the flowers in her stash!

9 comments:

Shirley Ross, rockin' heARTist said...

oh my goodness, this is wonderful. Love the dyed flowers and pink is my favorite color! Great job!

Shirley Ross, rockin' heARTist said...

Love it!! The dyed flowers amazing! Great job

Casandra Bennett said...

What a fun way to use up those great big flowers. Your tutorial made me think of my Grandmother's kitchen many years ago. She used to dye her Easter eggs in boiled onion skin coloring that she made on the stove. I couldn't really understand why she did it that way, but alas nowadays I am so thankful that I got to see an old-fashioned way of doing things to at least share the story with future generations. :)

Anonymous said...

One of my all-time fave paper packs - Dream Pop! And I love how you dyed the flowers to match! So beautiful!

Unknown said...

Wow... love the layout and the flowers. Great colors. ..I still have 2 packs of this paper.

Katy said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!!! I have TONS of this paper from last year...I've been "collecting" it...lol

Kathy Burrows said...

Love it! So bright and cheery!

Wendy K. said...

Oh, I just love the bright colors! Great layout!

Judy Faye Garner said...

Beautiful and bright, love it!